Winters in India are a season that almost everyone enjoys, winters are characterized by chilly winds, increased smog, unusual rainfall, storms and even heavy snowfall, especially in North India, so staying cozy and comfortable indoors is imperative. Of course, this means that when choosing window products, you use the best insulation materials.
In an interview with HT Lifestyle, Saket Jain, Business Head at Fenesta Building Systems, suggested: “In such scenarios, it is best to opt for high-performance window and door systems that are weatherproof while offering other benefits. In this situation, window solutions made of plastic and aluminum offer a wide range of advantages over other materials. While uPVC is a poor conductor of heat, aluminum powered by a thermal break system offers thermal insulation properties that have two advantages.”
He revealed: “In the winter it prevents heat loss from the house and in the summer it keeps the outside heat in. Because it ensures minimal heat loss in winter, much less energy is used to keep homes warm with heaters, but it’s important to ensure uPVC and aluminum window solutions are sourced from reputable manufacturers and are completely weatherproof. Since such window products are made of strong, durable material, they can withstand severe climatic conditions, whether it is winter or summer. As excellent insulators, PVC and aluminum windows and doors lead the way when it comes to cost and energy efficiency.”
In addition, he recommended that it makes sense to use thick, thermally lined curtains for windows as they provide extra protection as cold breezes can enter the home if the windows are left partially open to allow some internal ventilation enable. In the summer, the heavy curtains can keep the bright sunlight from overheating the room. Especially for families living in regions where severe winters are the order of the day, high-performance PVC and aluminum window systems can be an ideal investment to maintain the warm indoor temperature.
Saket Jain raved about some of the benefits of installing uPVC and aluminum windows and doors –
- Excellent thermal insulation: uPVC and thermally broken aluminum window solutions are ideal for all climatic conditions and, thanks to their efficient thermal insulation properties, ensure minimal heat loss in winter and less heat gain in summer. The polyamide thermal break placed between the inner and outer aluminum profiles forms insulated barriers within the window frames. Due to its effective thermal properties, electricity bills are minimized as there is no need for constant heating or air conditioning.
- Good soundproofing: The soundproofing properties of plastic and aluminum systems ensure that external noise is blocked while privacy is maintained as internal noise cannot be heard from the outside.
- Rugged Durability: Considering their durability, plastic and aluminum windows and doors last for years without damage from physical influences.
- Minimum maintenance: Unlike other materials such as wood, PVC and aluminum, products require virtually no repair, painting or maintenance. A simple cleaning with a soft cloth and soapy water is sufficient. There is no warping and no need for sandpaper.
- Cheers to hygiene: Keeping PVC and aluminum windows and doors tightly closed ensures that dust, pollen, wind and bacteria stay out.
- Environmentally friendly: Plastic and aluminum doors and windows can be reused and recycled. As an eco-friendly option for wood, these two window products help limit deforestation. Unlike other materials, the extrusion process of uPVC manufacturing is more energy efficient and environmentally friendly.
The furnishing expert concludes: “Furthermore, there are plastic and aluminum systems in several designs and they are fully customized according to customer requirements. Finally, advanced multiple locking mechanisms ensure that the safety of the occupants is guaranteed at all times. All of these salient features underscore why uPVC and aluminum products are highly valued as window solutions.”